pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance (pCPA): Negotiation Status Update
The latest update as of April 30, 2017 has been issued by the pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance Office (pCPAO). The key highlights are as follows:
- Nine new products have initiated pCPA negotiations since the last update, for a total of 38 active negotiations:
- Cosentyx (secukinumab) – psoriatic arthritis
- Cosentyx (secukinumab) – ankylosing spondylitis
- Erelzi (etanercept) – ankylosing spondylitis, polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Lenvima (lenvatinib) – thyroid cancer
- Mozobil (plerixafor) – non-Hodgkin lymphoma and multiple myeloma
- Pheburane (sodium phenylbutyrate) – urea cycle disorders
- Ravicti (glycerol phenylbutyrate) – urea cycle disorders
- Uptravi (selexipag) – pulmonary arterial hypertension
- XigDuo (dapagliflozin/metformin hydrochloride) –Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Of note: Two biosimilar versions of etanercept are under active negotiation, Erelzi just beginning and Brenzys since November 2016.
- One negotiation have been completed since the last update, for a total of 149 joint negotiations.
- Jadenu (deferasirox) – chronic iron overload
- No new drug products were added to the “No pCPA Negotiations” list
Please visit the pCPA website for more information.
To receive updates similar to this one please be sure to sign up for Market Access Signals, our free e-mail newsletter service.