Title: Reimbursement Analyst
Location: Toronto or Ottawa
Position: Full-time, Permanent
Deadline: Before 11:59pm March 2nd, 2020.
*We will not be contacting any candidates until after the job posting is closed March 2nd.
MORSE is a leading Canadian pharmaceutical market access consultancy which aims to help clients understand the Canadian pharmaceutical reimbursement environment and develop strategies to optimize commercial success. In other words, we provide advice to clients (e.g. pharmaceutical companies) when they face challenges or uncertainty in making their products available in Canada. At MORSE we value our reputation for honesty, integrity, collaboration and our team’s commitment to excellence.
We are seeking an individual with similar values, a passion for learning and an interest in making a meaningful contribution to consulting projects and our overall business objectives. The Reimbursement Analyst role requires an understanding of Canada’s regulatory, health technology assessment and pharmaceutical reimbursement processes and an ability to work independently and cooperate as a reliable and dependable team member. This position is important to MORSE’s overall success and its primary responsibilities are to provide research and project support to our team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Project Related:
- Assist in the research and preparation of environmental scans and landscape analyses for products in new and emerging disease areas.
- Support the coordination and management of client advisory boards covering topics such as health technology assessment, negotiation, or implementation strategy for new products entering the Canadian market.
- Support team members by helping to answer specific research questions which may include both primary and secondary research methods.
- Data Related:
- Aid in the preparation of monthly MORSE updates and newsletters.
- Support the MORSE team in the development and maintenance of a database of key information relevant to our clients.
- Assist in the development of analytical and budget impact reports.
- Business Development & Thought Leadership Related:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of company commercial materials, including promotional information related to industry news and upcoming events.
- Contribute to MORSE’s social media strategy through updates of MORSE Key, Links and Signals and assist in the preparation of social media analytics.
- Provide research support for MORSE’s thought leadership initiatives.
- Assist in the development of materials for conferences including presentation slide decks, one-pagers, kiosks, etc.
Experience and Skills
- A strong sense of integrity, initiative, honesty, collaboration, and trust;
- Undergraduate degree in relevant area (science, health policy, etc.);
- Ability to work in a virtual teamwork environment;
- Strong analytical, research, communication and writing skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel);
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently, but also operate in a team; and
- Understanding of the Canadian market access environment and/or relevant pharmaceutical/biotech industry market access experience is a strong asset.
Skills you will continue to develop in this position:
- Understanding of the latest developments within market access & their implications;
- Project & time management skills;
- Initiative and independent work;
- Understanding of the inner workings of a small company; and
- Communication skills.
MORSE is based in Toronto and Ottawa; the successful candidate will primarily work remotely from home with frequent team interaction via telecommunication tools, and regular in-person meetings.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should submit a detailed resumé/curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. The resumé (and/or a cover letter) should clearly indicate how the candidate’s knowledge, experience, communication skills, attention to detail and related qualifications would be suitable for a position at MORSE Consulting Inc.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.