Title: Consultant, Health Technology Assessment (Final title commensurate with experience)
Location: Anywhere in Canada
Position: Full-time, Permanent
Deadline: Open until filled.
MORSE Consulting is a consultancy based in Ottawa/Toronto, Canada, known for its unparalleled expertise in payer and HTA systems and pharmaceutical market access strategy consulting. Our authentic and credible communication style coupled with our evidence- informed insights help to foster common ground between the industry and the system to optimize the probability of successful outcomes. We are known for providing bespoke solutions tailored to our diverse clientele’s unique needs, ranging from new market entrants to large pharmaceutical enterprises. We embrace a client-centric approach, acting as an extension of our client’s teams and offering a broad range of services to address market access challenges. With offerings such as early pipeline market access assessment, HTA strategic advice, pCPA assessment & negotiation simulation, innovative agreement workshops and strategy, and our MORSE Advisory Panel, we stand ready to support our clients at every stage of their market access journey. Our team adeptly leverages data analytic skills to provide valuable resources such as the CRaFT report, which delivers insightful analyses to guide our clients’ strategies. We are deeply committed to developing new tools and resources based on our robust analytic capabilities, continually striving to equip our clients with innovative solutions to navigate the complex landscape of market access. Join us at MORSE Consulting Inc.
We seek an HTA Consultant who will lead in developing and delivering a wide range of strategic advice projects for clients with a focus on HTA planning, strategy, and guidance. This position requires a deep understanding of the HTA landscape in Canada and its relationship with other stages of market access. The successful candidate will have a strong ability to identify opportunities and risks faced by clients preparing pharmaceutical products for HTA consideration, based on assessment of evidence, in-depth knowledge of precedents, and rich appreciation for the views and dynamics of HTA review. The successful candidate will be adept at problem-solving challenging situations to provide practical strategies and insights with an HTA perspective, effectively communicate complex and nuanced material to a variety of audiences and bring a collaborative and innovative mindset to have meaningful impact on pharmaceutical reviews and advance the market access landscape. This role will provide the successful candidate with exceptional opportunities for growth, leadership and autonomy in the HTA field.
Experience and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in a health-related discipline or relevant field (e.g., clinical epidemiology, economics, pharmacy, health services research, etc.); graduate degree in relevant field is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in critical appraisal and involvement in a range of pharmaceutical HTA reviews across a variety of settings, conditions, and treatments.
- First-hand experience working with expert committees related to pharmaceutical HTA recommendations is strongly preferred.
- Being solution oriented with demonstrated strong problem-solving, integrative thinking, and decision-making abilities.
- In-depth knowledge of the market access space, including understanding of the key stakeholders and decision-making processes of Canada’s formulary review committees and provincial/territorial/federal drug plans.
- Familiarity with methods and best practices for evidence review and synthesis, and critical appraisal of quality and strength of evidence from various sources.
- Working knowledge of the principles of economic evaluation of healthcare interventions.
- Some experience with leadership which could include managing small teams.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including project managers, data analysts, and clinical experts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytic skills to support and advance the development of projects and initiatives involving HTA data.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and requirements, and to remain flexible in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Knowledge of emerging trends and innovations in healthcare technology, as well as the ability to evaluate their potential impact on HTA and related services.
- Ability to communicate effective training and educational programs related to HTA and related services.
- Demonstrated commitment to incorporating MORSE’s core values of Excellence, Collaboration, Integrity, and Respect into daily operations. This means striving for superior performance in every task, fostering cooperative relationships with colleagues and clients, acting with honesty and transparency in all interactions, and showing consideration and understanding for the perspectives and experiences of others. Our ideal candidate understands that these values are not just aspirational, but essential components of their day-to-day work at MORSE.
- Develop HTA strategic advice to address client needs, assessing available evidence from an HTA perspective, integrating experiences and insights from prior HTA reviews, anticipating challenges that may affect the reimbursement landscape, and highlighting relevant nuances in evidence or context.
- Provide guidance to help clients think through the implications of their evidence for HTA and reimbursement and identify opportunities to proactively manage gaps of relevance to HTA and the public sector.
- Assist clients in strengthening submission dossiers and communications by ensuring they clearly and objectively articulate the strongest evidentiary support for reimbursement requests.
- Work collaboratively and individually to develop and execute projects based on client needs (e.g., advisory boards, analytic reports, assessments, written opinions).
- Lead or advise on cross-functional project teams to determine project scope/structure, develop strategic advice, manage deliverables, and ensure effective and timely completion of projects.
- Conduct or direct primary and secondary research, and conduct workshops, expert advisory boards and possibly moderate discussions related to HTA.
- Provide expert advice on HTA-related matters to internal and external stakeholders.
Business Development Related
- Participate in capabilities presentations to prospective clients and contribute to the development of proposals for new business opportunities related to HTA and related services.
- Contribute to preparing new service offerings to meet clients’ business needs by proposing innovative and robust methodologies to address their problems.
- Lead or support the development of budgets, work plans, and timelines for new projects.
- Foster relationships with potential clients and partners, including government agencies, industry associations and other relevant groups.
- Participate in strategic planning and help identify new growth and expansion opportunities.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives to develop or enhance innovative ideas by applying combination of expertise in HTA processes and perspectives with strategic appreciation of client and system needs.
- Manage and mentor associates, analysts, and interns, providing guidance and support and development opportunities to ensure their success and growth.
- Oversee the work of junior staff members and provide coaching and feedback to help enhance their performance and contribution to the team.
- Help to develop and maintain a positive and collaborative team culture.
- Act as a thought leader and expert in the field of HTA, contributing to the development of best practices and standards.
- Engage in active pursuit of personal and professional development and continually seek opportunities to expand skills, explore interests, and contribute to career growth. MORSE provides the necessary support and resources for these endeavours, reinforcing our belief that individual growth is integral to our collective success.
MORSE is based in Toronto/Ottawa but since the successful candidate will primarily work remotely from home (with frequent team interaction via telecommunication tools, and occasional in-person meetings), we are flexible with the candidate being located anywhere in Canada.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
The information submitted by the candidate should clearly indicate how their knowledge, experience, skills, and related qualifications would be suitable for a position at MORSE Consulting Inc.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Print PDF: Job-Call-HTA-Consultant-July-2023