Title: Consultant, Health Technology Assessment (HTA), Oncology
Location: Anywhere in Canada
Position: Full-time, Permanent
Deadline: Before 11:59pm Friday October 29th, 2021.
*We will not be contacting any candidates until after the job posting is closed October 29th.
MORSE is a leading Canadian pharmaceutical market access consultancy which aims to help clients understand the Canadian pharmaceutical reimbursement environment and develop strategies to optimize commercial success. In other words, we provide advice to clients (e.g. pharmaceutical companies) when they face challenges or uncertainty in making their products available in Canada. At MORSE we value our reputation for honesty, integrity, collaboration and our team’s commitment to excellence.
The position’s primary responsibility is to provide strategic oncology HTA advice to assist clients in achieving optimal reimbursement of their drug products. Critical success factors include the ability to identify opportunities and risks related to oncology HTA files (based on an assessment of the available evidence, knowledge of historical precedents, and understanding of HTA processes) and provide practical strategies and solutions.
Experience and Skills
- Graduate degree in a health-related discipline, or other relevant field (e.g., clinical epidemiology, economics), with a strong focus on oncology.
- Demonstrated expertise in critical appraisal and HTA; a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the decision-making processes of one or more of Canada’s formulary review committees and provincial/territorial/federal drug plans.
- Working knowledge of the principles of economic evaluation of healthcare interventions.
- First-hand experience working with expert committees related to HTA recommendations.
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytic research skills.
- Proven record of leadership and experience managing teams.
- Project Related:
- Provide clients with HTA strategic advice to optimize outcomes across product life cycles, by proactively identifying risks and providing solutions.
- Review and critically appraise clinical evidence consistent with HTA perspective to determine how to position products to achieve optimal reimbursement recommendations.
- Assist clients in strengthening submission dossiers by ensuring they communicate the strongest evidentiary support for reimbursement requests.
- Work collaboratively and individually to develop and execute on projects based on client needs (e.g., advisory boards, analytic reports, and written opinions).
- Business Development Related:
- Contribute to the preparation of service offerings designed to meet clients’ business needs by proposing innovative and robust methodologies to address their problems.
- Development of new advisory services to assist clients through the HTA process.
- Develop junior staff skills through one-on-one coaching, mentoring, and providing appropriate client opportunities to practice skills.
- Develop and communicate clear and appropriate performance objectives to direct reports.
MORSE is based in Toronto/Ottawa but since the successful candidate will primarily work remotely from home (with frequent team interaction via telecommunication tools, and occasional in-person meetings), we are flexible with the candidate being located anywhere in Canada.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. The information submitted by the candidate should clearly indicate how their knowledge, experience, skills and related qualifications would be suitable for a position at MORSE Consulting Inc.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.