pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance (pCPA): Negotiation Status Update
The pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance Office (pCPAO) updated the status of negotiations on brand name drugs as of January 31, 2017.
- There are currently 38 negotiations underway with one new file (Keytruda (pembrolizumab)) added since the last update on December 31, 2016.
- There have been 133 joint negotiations completed with 2 files successfully negotiated since the last update of December 31, 2016:
- Blincyto (blinatumomab): used to treat acute lymphoblastic leukemia; and
- Opdivo (nivolumab): used to treat advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer; metastatic melanoma; and advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
- There have been 49 drug products for which the pCPA has decided not to negotiate collectively or individually at the provincial-territorial level as of January 31, 2017. One new file (Zydelig (idelalisib) for follicular lymphoma) was added since the last update on December 31, 2016.
- There remains 13 negotiations for brand name drug products that have been recommended by the pCPA to be considered by each Province/Territory individually with no new files added since the last update of December 31, 2016.
Please visit the pCPA website for more information.
To receive updates similar to this one please be sure to sign up for Market Access Signals, our free e-mail newsletter service.